Skip to main content

OMG!!!

Well what an experience so far!!
 
I am only 2 days in and already I am changing my view on everything :) The poverty is so surreal !! I have seen people strip searched - machine guns - pistols - drug taking in the middle of the street - our hostel got broken into so there was police but we are in the reality of it. No one speaks English and it is mad!! Certainly is different from traveling!! haha!! However a Tico (Costa Rican) saw my ghostly expression off it all and gave me an Orange to make me feel better so we sat there in the park me and Mr Tico with this amazing green Orange and talked about life in CR and Iceland and we wrote together ways he could look at getting ways of going back to school in San Jose to learn engineering. We talked in weird Spanish (me) and pretty good English (Mr Tico) on the world and how he would love to have no violence and a centered earth - so there is always a silver lining to all experiences... I wanted to feel humble and that moment I really did as what he wanted was so real and not materialistic!
 
In regards to the work - yeah reality is hitting home!!! OMG  I found out today that I along with three other people ( 2 lads and 1 girl) will be knocking down a house as this family have lived in; a house that is rotting away and they have had funding to get their home rebuilt with bricks!!
 
I am the oldest and where we are doing the´prjocet is poor!! I have never seen anything like it! But then the tourist bit is soooo different! But I wanted an experience and I am certainly getting it!!
 
But then there a such perks with it as I am going to a Festival this Sat and Sunday in Palmares where the bulls are let out and tomatoes are thrown into the crowds. The roads are already closed for the event as the town has millions of people show up for it and there is music and beer tents everywhere- then the weekend after that I am going zip wiring most likely and going to a natural blue lagon and river rafting so These type of things keep me going when I get scared!!
 
Spanish getting on a little bit.... But my host family are Spanish that steal fruit and sell them - I was like "pardon?¡¡¿¿" But hey such is the real life here :)
 
There is very limited reception and the Internet doesn't always work so after today I am not sure how many times I will be able to put a blog up. The government own the telecomunication service out here but it is going up for tender in March so they are trying to upgrade it and hence it keeps cutting off. However with all the power cables so close to earth and on the pavements I am surprised!!
 
Next time - who knows what I will be writing as I am ready to sign off a cheerleading practice with music has just commenced outside the park with flips and all!! haha!!!
 
Love you all and big hugs
Odders
xxx

Comments

  1. Vá það munar ekkert um það ;) Þvílík upplifun elskan. Njóttu þess að fá að upplifa hluti sem skipta máli í lífinu..
    Hlakka til að heyra allt um þetta þegar þú kemur ;)

    kveðja Álfhildur og Maggi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Circle of life

I remember her calling me down from a tree. I was angry! I was so angry that I tried to run away. I ran as far as the tree outside. I climbed it in my skirt. Noone had noticed how upset I was. So I thought. She did. She yoodled and sang for me to laugh at her. It worked. She knew where I was. She kind of always did. She often ignored my tantrums. Let me get on with it I suppose. But for some reason with me she knew when it got too much. She simply said – running away is only a temporary fix. Why not come back down to earth and deal with it one step at a time with love in your heart. She wasn’t always fair or nice but she treated me with care and good advice. She liked her red wine and the funny thing it actually made her fine. I miss her with every heart beat, one day hope I her again will meet. In heaven or in devon I don’t mind, as long as like her, I can be kind. Anna why did you have to die, it fills me with a great big sigh! I miss you more than you will ever know, More

Playing....

I never thought I played games, don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE board games and monopoly the card game version but I'm talking about games of the heart, mind and soul. The type of games we can play when we are vulnerable to being vulnerable. When we need other people's approval, or don't love ourselves enough we require other people's attention to make us feel better. I never thought I did that more than normal, as we are all human and make those type of mistakes but I genuinely thought I was quite good at not playing games like that. Yeah I was wrong! I have had life challenge me with near deaths and deaths around me really affecting my world lately so I decided to go away for a few days and get my head straight. What I wasn't counting on was going away and straightening out my heart! I came back and realised I as a dater I am rubbish! I go hot and cold, I can be ridic sceptical and then throw them right off by being super duper much fun and actually

Need a push?

Today I saw something amazing!  We are so quick to point out what is wrong in the world and how horrid people can be especially teenagers that we often miss the sense of community that is all around us! At lunch I was walking in a real rush back to the office after having picked up a birthday present for a friend of mine when I saw a little old man pushing what I can only assume to be his wife in a wheel chair. It looked as if he was struggling to get his missus up the hill so I went to cross the road to help but I was beaten to the post by a lovely young man that looked no older than 21.  He approached the man and his wife and asked if they needed a hand. The old man looked so reliefed and happy that he took the young lad up on the offer. This said gentleman pushed the old man's wife up the hill and than smiled, wished the two of them a good day and walked on. The older couple turned into their home and you could see they were definitely ready for a cuppa and a toasted tea c