Skip to main content

Costa Rica Baby!!

Hola Everyone!

24hours from start to finish until my head hit the pillow last night / morning / afternoon depending on where in the world you were! :)

What can I say this week has been surreal! In one week I have been told off for taking a road sign of working men, walked around a castle with Starbucks, Seen the biggest Shark attached to a ceiling possible, had a water fight with two grown ups, had a hot shower and a COLD shower but most weirdly had breakfast at 8am on Friday with the whole family sat at the dinner table!! Now let me tell you - now that has happened I believe in ANYTHING being possible!! haha

So my journey really started when we played Don´t stop me now with McFly driving past the plastic cows by Twickenham, followed by post sorting (not kidding) and the most fabulous mean at the Wharf and finished nicely with several cyders at the Teddington Arms! AndI have to say a massive thank you to Matt for driving. Tan for staying awake and Cy for the most amazing shower!

With riped jeans I headed off on the plane. realised I had left my books and Monoply cards at home I took out my Learn Spanish book on the plane - turned out to be the best thing as the Stwewart came to me and said there were to other chaps doing exactly the same further down the plane and had invited me to come and say hello! Of course I did so. Turns out both called Pete!! One has left a Marketing job and lives in Bournemouth and is a Surf teacher!! The other one a Swedish guy who engineers planes. So a fab meet! All of a sudden I wasn´t on my own anymore :) stayed with them all the way until meeting the i2i people and am meeting up with them in a couple of weeks for free surf lessons ;) Not a bad start at all!

Gets better as I then went to the hostil and shared a room with the most fabulous 3 girls from London that all work in events or marketing! We had a midnight beer over looking San Jose!

Well I better stop here as the sunshine and the local Theatre is calling! I will update you all on the family this week. I have already met the main project supervisor and he is slightly mad and fabulous :) so interesting times ahead!!

I am sending sunshine hugs and FAT smiles to everyone!

Hasta la Vista
Odders
XXX

Comments

  1. Welcome to Costa Rica then babe :) Sounds like you're off to a great start already...figures you've made friends in the first 24 hours! Good luck with the brick making...I may even have beans for dinner tomorrow as a tribute to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaahoo! You made it old girl!! Nice one . . . sounds great so far, had a feeling you'd find some cool people to hang out with and surfing, how cool is that!! Hope you have a really good time meeting the family in the next couple of days and an even better time digging your hole a day later!! We're definitely missing you already and so is minty!! LOL M xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Circle of life

I remember her calling me down from a tree. I was angry! I was so angry that I tried to run away. I ran as far as the tree outside. I climbed it in my skirt. Noone had noticed how upset I was. So I thought. She did. She yoodled and sang for me to laugh at her. It worked. She knew where I was. She kind of always did. She often ignored my tantrums. Let me get on with it I suppose. But for some reason with me she knew when it got too much. She simply said – running away is only a temporary fix. Why not come back down to earth and deal with it one step at a time with love in your heart. She wasn’t always fair or nice but she treated me with care and good advice. She liked her red wine and the funny thing it actually made her fine. I miss her with every heart beat, one day hope I her again will meet. In heaven or in devon I don’t mind, as long as like her, I can be kind. Anna why did you have to die, it fills me with a great big sigh! I miss you more than you will ever know, More

Playing....

I never thought I played games, don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE board games and monopoly the card game version but I'm talking about games of the heart, mind and soul. The type of games we can play when we are vulnerable to being vulnerable. When we need other people's approval, or don't love ourselves enough we require other people's attention to make us feel better. I never thought I did that more than normal, as we are all human and make those type of mistakes but I genuinely thought I was quite good at not playing games like that. Yeah I was wrong! I have had life challenge me with near deaths and deaths around me really affecting my world lately so I decided to go away for a few days and get my head straight. What I wasn't counting on was going away and straightening out my heart! I came back and realised I as a dater I am rubbish! I go hot and cold, I can be ridic sceptical and then throw them right off by being super duper much fun and actually

Need a push?

Today I saw something amazing!  We are so quick to point out what is wrong in the world and how horrid people can be especially teenagers that we often miss the sense of community that is all around us! At lunch I was walking in a real rush back to the office after having picked up a birthday present for a friend of mine when I saw a little old man pushing what I can only assume to be his wife in a wheel chair. It looked as if he was struggling to get his missus up the hill so I went to cross the road to help but I was beaten to the post by a lovely young man that looked no older than 21.  He approached the man and his wife and asked if they needed a hand. The old man looked so reliefed and happy that he took the young lad up on the offer. This said gentleman pushed the old man's wife up the hill and than smiled, wished the two of them a good day and walked on. The older couple turned into their home and you could see they were definitely ready for a cuppa and a toasted tea c