Skip to main content

Celebrated not Tolerated!


Lately I have been tested beyond what I ever thought I would be in an incredibly short amount of time! The universe has tested me in regards to biting my tongue yet at the same time learning to speak up to hold on to my values, let go and know I most likely will get hurt from it, have possessions stolen, being stuck in an environment that was un empathetic and selfish, take control when all I wanted was to breakdown, loss of a loved one and mainly being surrounded by a world filled with volatile reactions. I have panicked like I haven’t done in ages, I have cried like I haven’t for a while, I have laughed louder and more heart fully than before when something has actually tickled me, yet through this I have decided to take the biggest risk of my life. I have taken a pay cut to put my happiness first. I have said no to temporary pleasures to aim for long-term happiness yet I have been so distressed I have acted out of character and done things that jeopardised my reputation and what I stand for whilst simultaneously I have spoken gone a limb and been my loud self in an environment I most defiantly would have been judged for not being quiet and proppa! I have basically been on a rollercoaster of not emotions but life! And the funny thing is that I asked for this. I actually asked the universe to teach me how to become the best person I could become. I put it out there to become whole. To become happy, truly happy and deep down I knew there were certain things I had to experience to enable me to grow. You don’t learn without lessons, do you? You don’t know who you truly are or how you react to situations if you have never been there? You can guess and talk a good talk but in all honestly we all respect the people that have done what they say they will and not the ones that simply talk about it....??!!
I have re-acted slightly differently to it all than I thought and funnily enough being single through it all has been the toughest thing. To sometimes come home when all I have wanted is a cuddle and a cup of tea made for me but be greeted with a flat I have struggled to maintain has been challenging but again pushed me to grow even faster. Find what it is that makes me happy, what it actually is that settles my heart without the compliments or empathy of another. To click with myself enough to know how to fulfil my own heart, needs and desires. To not be embarrassed of needs, to not feel guilty and accept me for whom I am. To then speak up and ask for what I need by friends and family without feeling like I am putting people out. To accept that perhaps my ask might annoy someone but to then remember that it is their responsibility to deny my request as much as it is my responsibility to ask??!! To stop being so scared of being me with different needs than perhaps others. Surely reality is that the people worthy of being in our lives realise we aren’t perfect and see our good and bad and the ones you invest in are the ones that you can show your bad side to so that you can sort out who can accept you at your worst!! :) 
So I have turned 31 – into my forties! And I know this is my side of life to live it. To speak up when I don’t agree with things to hopefully have the next 31 years as happy and honest as I can. To not let the past be a stumbling block for my future. To not judge someone just because they have sinned differently to me, nor have people in my life that would judge me for having sinned differently to them or myself for perhaps acting differently to what I would have thought I might do. To take risks that enhance my life, to love and love freely as I would rather be cheated occasionally than be suspicious forever. To aim high even if it means occasional lonely times but ensures a majority of fulfilled moments and to not let fear of what I think might be stop me from experience what could be! To stop seeking and take action to start living fully and not let idiots talk me out of it or promise short term happiness but rely on my own judgement and the family and friends around me that have and always will enhance my life and allow me to do the same for them. Surround myself with people that don’t get scared of how much I want to tell them I love them as I don’t ever want to get so busy making a living that I forget to make a life and I suggest you do to!!
So I end this with a picture I saw this morning: 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle of life

I remember her calling me down from a tree. I was angry! I was so angry that I tried to run away. I ran as far as the tree outside. I climbed it in my skirt. Noone had noticed how upset I was. So I thought. She did. She yoodled and sang for me to laugh at her. It worked. She knew where I was. She kind of always did. She often ignored my tantrums. Let me get on with it I suppose. But for some reason with me she knew when it got too much. She simply said – running away is only a temporary fix. Why not come back down to earth and deal with it one step at a time with love in your heart. She wasn’t always fair or nice but she treated me with care and good advice. She liked her red wine and the funny thing it actually made her fine. I miss her with every heart beat, one day hope I her again will meet. In heaven or in devon I don’t mind, as long as like her, I can be kind. Anna why did you have to die, it fills me with a great big sigh! I miss you more than you will ever know, More

Playing....

I never thought I played games, don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE board games and monopoly the card game version but I'm talking about games of the heart, mind and soul. The type of games we can play when we are vulnerable to being vulnerable. When we need other people's approval, or don't love ourselves enough we require other people's attention to make us feel better. I never thought I did that more than normal, as we are all human and make those type of mistakes but I genuinely thought I was quite good at not playing games like that. Yeah I was wrong! I have had life challenge me with near deaths and deaths around me really affecting my world lately so I decided to go away for a few days and get my head straight. What I wasn't counting on was going away and straightening out my heart! I came back and realised I as a dater I am rubbish! I go hot and cold, I can be ridic sceptical and then throw them right off by being super duper much fun and actually

Need a push?

Today I saw something amazing!  We are so quick to point out what is wrong in the world and how horrid people can be especially teenagers that we often miss the sense of community that is all around us! At lunch I was walking in a real rush back to the office after having picked up a birthday present for a friend of mine when I saw a little old man pushing what I can only assume to be his wife in a wheel chair. It looked as if he was struggling to get his missus up the hill so I went to cross the road to help but I was beaten to the post by a lovely young man that looked no older than 21.  He approached the man and his wife and asked if they needed a hand. The old man looked so reliefed and happy that he took the young lad up on the offer. This said gentleman pushed the old man's wife up the hill and than smiled, wished the two of them a good day and walked on. The older couple turned into their home and you could see they were definitely ready for a cuppa and a toasted tea c